Monthly Wrap Up/Favorites: August/Semptember

For my last wrap up, I decided to also share a few favorite TV shows, beauty products and other tidbits I discovered in July. Since it got some positive feedback, I'm going to make a combined Wrap Up/Favorites post every month! Since I was on hiatus for the better part of last month, I'll be including books and favorites from both August and September.

Books

Books read: 4

the winner's curse indoor sojouerner

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Amazon* · Goodreads · My Review















the hero of ages mistborn indoor sojourner


The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

Rating: 5/5 stars

Amazon* · Goodreads · My Review















Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Rating: 4/5 stars

Amazon* · Goodreads













destroy me shatter me indoor sojourner


Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Rating: 4/5 stars

Amazon* · Goodreads










Average Rating for August/September: 4.1/5 stars

Favorite of the Month: The Hero of Ages, hands down. This book will probably end up being one of my favorites of the year. If you've read my review, you already know how intensely I fangirled over it.


Beauty


I've surprisingly cut down on buying new beauty products for the last couple of months, but matte lipsticks are always a favorite when fall comes around. Even though they can be a little high maintenance, I've found these lipsticks to be the exception.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Nude Nuance* and Lust for Blush*
maybelline lust for blush indoor sojourner

Lust for Blush

maybelline nude nuance indoor sojourner
Nude Nuance



















Don't be fooled by the name; Nude Nuance is a bold, brown nude that goes well with any look. Lust for Blush is a a fun pink that's subtle enough for work or school.

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Mauve it Over



revlon mauve it over lipstick indoor sojourner




revlon mauve it over indoor sojourner
Photo Credit: Eye Heart Makeup blog




In my opinion, the name of this lipstick is misleading. Mauve it Over is more of the proverbial "your lips but better" nude with a slight mauve undertone. However, it's the only matte nude lipstick I've tried that doesn't look like I simply smeared concealer all over my lips, which is a major plus. Unfortunately, it was discontinued in most stores, but luckily, I was able to find it on Amazon*.


Other Products


Lush's Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb

lush lord of misrule indoor sojourner

Lord of Misrule is a part of Lush's limited edition Halloween collection and has quickly become my second favorite bath bomb (behind Twilight, of course). Along with its crisp, spicy scent, it gradually transitions into a burgundy hue after you drop it in the tub.

As soon as I went to the Lush website to look for the picture above, I discovered that they released their Christmas collection, so be on the lookout for a few of those products in my November favorites!


Brown Sugar Allspice and Buttercream Icing Bath and Body Works Candles

Brown Sugar Allspice candle Bath & Body Works indoor sojournerButtercream Icing Candle Bath & Body Works indoor sojourner


Since I have a major sweet tooth, I tend to gravitate towards sweet and cozy scents that remind me of my favorite treats. The Brown Sugar Allspice candle from Bath and Body Works smells like gingerbread and all things Christmas while their Buttercream Icing Candle smells exactly like cupcakes, rainbows, and unicorns. Since I'm trying to burn through my older candles,I haven't lit them yet, but I can't wait for my entire room to be enveloped in these scents.



Bloggers

Here are some bloggers I've discovered who are friendly, helpful and make quality content!

Alexandra @ Twirling Pages

Melanie @ One Less Lonely Blog

Alexandra @ Literary Legionnaire

Isha and Hanna @ Two Sisters Bloggin'


*I am an Amazon affiliate, so if you click these links, I'll get a small commission for the purchases made through it.



Now it's your turn! Have you been loving some of the items on this list lately? What were your favorite things in August or September?

Thanks for reading,

Annie
Indoor Sojourner
Twitter · Instagram · Goodreads · Pinterest · Bloglovin'