May Wrap Up


The end of the month has arrived, which means it's time for me to summarize all the books I've finished in May! In the past month, I took a Maymester class and transitioned into a new job, neither of which left me with much time to read. Two out of the three books I read were in e-book form, so unfortunately, I can't take a cute picture of all of them stacked together with an artsy filter...I'll give you a moment to grieve...XD



I plan on making this a monthly occurrence here on Indoor Sojourner, so make sure to be on the lookout at the end of each month!



Books Read in May


My attempt at the aforementioned picture...




1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

Rating: 5/5 stars

What I Thought: Jane Eyre such a classic, timeless romance; I loved this book from start to finish! Jane is quite possibly one of my favorite female protagonists to date because she displays such a quiet, humble strength throughout the book. I could go on and on about Jane (and Mr. Rochester, of course), but I'll just say that even though it's a bit of a time consuming read, it's definitely worth it!









2. The Heir by Kiera Cass

Thoughts: 3.5/5 stars

What I Thought: Honestly, there wasn't much about this book that was very surprising or out of the ordinary; I even had a few complaints about it here and there. However, it's great if you're looking for an easy guilty pleasure read for the summer!












3. The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis

Rating: 5/5 stars

Thoughts: The Great Divorce is only 160 pages or so, but it presents a detailed allegory about the nature of Heaven and Hell from Lewis' perspective. Surprisingly, it took me four or five days to finish because I was busy with other things, but if you're a fast reader, it could easily be read in a sitting. 









Average Rating for May: 4.5


Let me know of your favorite May reads in the comments!


Thanks for reading,

Annie
Indoor Sojourner