Monthly Musical Musings #4: Jane Eyre!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably know of my obsession with Charlotte Bronte's classic Jane Eyre. As soon as I read it, I obviously had to make a playlist about it with all of the songs that bring be back into that world. This playlist features a variety of different genres that range from quirky pop to brooding alternative ballads. This playlist is a bit different from my others in that I put the songs in order of the plot of the book, so the playlist basically tells an abbreviated version of the story. Click the picture below if you'd like to listen to it!

jane eyre book playlist indoor sojourner

  Tracklist

1. When I Grow Up · First Aid Kit
2. Die Alone · Ingrid Michaelson
3. I Found · Amber Run
4. Clarity (Acoustic) · Zedd
5. I'm Not Calling You a Liar · Florence + the Machine
6. Landfill · Daughter
7. Ungodly Hour · The Fray
8. The Chain (Live from Webster Hall) · Ingrid Michaelson
9. Misguided Ghosts · Paramore
10. Aprés Moi · Regina Spektor
11. Human · Daughter
12. Fix You · Coldplay
13. Set Fire To The Third Bar · Snow Patrol
14. Latch (Cover) · Kodaline

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is such a cool feature! And I love your song selection for this playlist. Adding it to my 8track account to listen later :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for a blog post series! I just finished listening to the playlist - you made great choices, they make total sense for the different parts of Jane's story.

    Side note: when I first saw "When I Grow Up" as track #1, my first thought was the song by the same name by The Pussycat Dolls (Chorus: "When I grow up, I wanna be famous, I wanna be a star, I wanna be in movies..."). That would have been a hilariously bad match for Jane's personality :P

    ReplyDelete