June Wrap Up



Hey, everyone! I don't know about you guys, but it felt like June would never end. My schedule slowed down drastically towards the beginning of the month, but since I ended up getting hooked on a couple of awesome TV shows (which I might discuss in a separate June Favorites post), I only read four books this month. All in all, they were enjoyable reads, so let's get into it!


1. Heir of Fire by S.J. Mass

Rating: 4.5/5


Did I mention this month dragged on and on? I feel like I finished Heir of Fire a year ago, but this book did not disappoint. Each Throne of Glass book gets better and better as the series progresses, and I can't wait for the forth book, Queen of Shadows, to come out in September!


2. Glitches by Marissa Meyer

Rating: 4/5


I picked up Glitches right after I finished Heir of Fire and breezed through it in less than half an hour. This is a Lunar Chronicles novella that gives a glimpse of Cinder's life when she first moves in with her family. Even though it was only 35 pages, I enjoyed seeing another glimpse of the Linh household, and it was a great way to tide me over until Winter comes out in November.


3. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

Rating: 3/5


I didn't plan on reading this in my June TBR list, and even though it left me a little disapppointed, I didn't regret the read. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl plays on the "teen girl with terminal cancer tries to live her best life" trope that's becoming popular in YA, but it has a flippant twist to it that's clever but also slightly annoying.


4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab

Rating: 5/5



By the time I got to this book, my TV binge was in full swing, so it honestly took me most of the month to finish it. Nevertheless, Vicious was hands down my favorite book of the month, and maybe one of my favorites of the year. If you like complicated antiheroes and a plot with lots of twists and turns, I would definitely recommend this to you. I'll have a review up soon because I'd love to discuss it further!


Average Rating for June: 4.1/5


Let me know what your favorite June reads were in the comments!


Thanks for reading,

Annie
Indoor Sojourner

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked Heir of Fire! You felt like June took forever, and I definitely feel like the wait for Queen of Shadows is taking that long haha. I was underwhelmed by Me and Earl and the Dying Girl as well, it was just very meh for me. But I LOVE Vicious and I'm so happy to see that you did too! Its such an interesting take on super/antiheroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! XD there are at least 15 books I'm anticipating in the next year or so, and Queen of Shadows is towards the top of that list for sure.
      It's a shame because Me and Earl and the Dying Girl could have been really great, but I think the author tried WAY too hard to make it stand out from other TFiOS-esque books...
      Yup, I love a good, complicated antihero (or two)! :)

      Delete
  2. I wasn't a fan of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl either, and I STILL haven't jumped in the Throne of Glass bandwagon. I don't know what I am waiting for though. I need to!

    Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel like Me and Earl and the Dying Girl was definitely overhyped, unfortunately. I think the movie actually looks better than the book! :O
      I would recommend Throne of Glass for sure if you're into YA fantasy! :)

      Delete